Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Nice Things To Write In A Thank You Card For Money

Write out a thank you card to show your appreciation for the money you've received.


It's polite to give thanks when someone gifts you with money out of their budget. Writing out a thank you card for money you've received is a way to express your appreciation and extend your manners one step further than a verbal "thanks." You can keep it short and sweet, all while saying something nice by writing out a thank you card.


Reference the Money


Start your message by writing out your sender's name and thank him for the card. Mention the amount of money to not only let him know you've received it but the proper amount as well. Begin simply by writing, "Hi John, thank you so much for the $50." Add your reaction to the money, such as "I could really use it" or "It couldn't have come at a better time."


Give Praise and Appreciation


Immediately give praise for the money. You can choose to be modest if the money was a surprise such as "You really didn't have to give me anything" or "What a great way to surprise me, you're amazing!" Even if you asked for money or if it was part of a series of gifts for a special event such as a graduation or birthday you can say something like, "What a great birthday present."


Describe Money Usage


If appropriate, tell what you're likely to use the gift for, such as "I'll be able to buy my new bike helmet with this." If your reason for the money is specific or even interesting, consider giving a few details on how you plan to spend the money such as, "This will really help with my trip to Europe. I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures while I'm away. "


Something Personal


Include a personal tidbit in your thank you message to the giver. Here's where you can say something such as "It was so great seeing you" or "I hope you'll be joining us on vacation." If you have a witty personality or you and the giver have some type of inside joke, include a personal message like, "I promise I won't buy any more chocolate chip cookies with the money" or "With friends like you, who needs a job!?"